Monday, January 18, 2010

Identity Theft

Okay. Well. (Oh, this is Nancy). So, depsite Special K's assertion that the internet is a useful, nay remarkable, tool which can afford us all the presently lacking quality of interconnectivity in our daily lives, and despite her ridicule of my rational fears about technology...I have once again seen the validity of the old phrase:

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you".

And the proof of this is right here...on the internet...on this "YouTube" thing (the title of this wretched dehumanizing creation is rather ironic, I find, as this whole "spending hours watching adorable kitten videos" really has less to do with "you" and really all to do with "me", because the only reason I am spending hours watching adorable kitten videos is because there is clearly a lack of innocence present in my life, so they may as well just call the horrid thing "MeTV"...okay, well, I didn't realized that I just wrote all that out loud).

Anyway...the point is...I am right. Again.

Because there are two "children" who are impersonating Special K and myself in this "music video" on the YouTube, and it's really...well, what kind of world do we live in where children are involved in the kind of criminal activity that Lex Luther would find exciting? What kind of world do we live in where children think they can encapsulate myself and Special K's life time of experience by dressing up in "nurses" outfits, prancing about Los Angeles, sitting by a pool and being waited on, intimidating and frightening a homeless person...it's really just...

Well, let me just say that, while these "children" are indeed pretty darn cute, and clearly rather entrepreneurial, I just find the whole business...well...

Are none of us safe from this kind of mockery? I guess that's what happens when you wear a funny hat. You must rise above these petty tyrannies.

I did like their sunglasses though. Quite a bit.

--Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment